My fellow Mixtress, Lise, never ceases to amaze me. I’ve always thought of her as the Queen of DIY Beauty Bars, but she has simply outdone herself this time. Here is a layered mask/cleansing bar that is both effective, easy to use, and great for normal, dry and sensitive skin types. And to top it off, it’s easy to make! Shall we get started?
5-minute Layered Mask Bar (via LisaLise Natural Skin Care)
Ingredients (yield 1 bar of 100gr)
- 22 gr (0.8 oz) cocoa butter
- 20 gr (0.7 oz) shea butter
- 20 ml (0.68 fl oz) castor oil
- 10 ml (0.34 fl oz) almond oil
- 10 ml (0.34 fl oz) hazelnut oil
- 19 gr (0.67 oz) white clay
- 19 gr (0.67 oz) yellow clay
- 2 ml (40 drops) carrot extract
- spirulina (optional)
- essential oils of rosemary and juniper (optional)
What The Different Parts Do
In (very) broad strokes, the oils attract dirt, the butters moisturize and the clays cleanse and detoxify. The addition of spirulina, carrot extract and essential oils provide extra skin-pampering, toning and nourishing.