Got big plans for the weekend? Dinner and a movie (yawn)? Clubbin’ with the girls (double yawn)? Here are some unconventional ways to waste away those precious hours. Try several. Try just one. Just try.
- Stay in bed all day long. And I mean all day. Refrain from showering, brushing teeth or anything that resembles hygiene. Rent a few seasons of your fave TV series. Be sloth-like and merry.
- Take a digital detox. Technology makes it so easy to stay connected to everything and everyone. But sometimes, if only for a day or two, we need to get unplugged. Take a break from TV, radio, the internet, mobile devices and anything else you would not be permitted to use during take-off and landing.
- Go to the movies. By yourself. No need to compromise on the pick. No one yip-yapping in your ear. Play your cards right, coordinate start times and see two or even three flicks back to back.
- Take an oath of silence. Talking requires thought, which exerts energy. Give yourself time off from such strenuous activity.
- Go to an all you can eat buffet. And make a concerted effort to eat all you can. Pace yourself by catching up on a book or magazine in between plates.
- Go to bed early. Just because you’re a grown up doesn’t mean you have to burn the midnight oil. Tuck yourself in at 8pm and call it a night.
- Take a bath. Fill the water to the top and don’t get out until the water is room temperature. If you really want to take it there, add milk.
- Check into a local hotel. Order room service, swim in the pool, close your eyes and pretend you’re on vacation.
- Take a bus or train ride to another city and do any of the above.
- Plan to call in sick on Monday. On Monday, repeat any of the above.
Have you ever spent a weekend doing any of these? Was it the most-est?